Sheet Pan Chicken with Cauliflower Rice, Olives and Feta
You gotta love a meal that can be cooked and served on the same sheet pan, and will dirty only 3 other things in your kitchen. Maybe you’ll have to wash a food processor (if you rice your own cauliflower instead of buying cauliflower rice at the store) and maybe a garlic press and a spatula, but that’s about it—not bad for a healthy and tasty home-cooked meal.
The “recipe” for sheet pan chicken with cauliflower rice, olives and feta goes like this: Spread cauliflower rice out on a pan with olive oil, garlic and chicken. Bake. Add spinach, olives, feta and herbs. Serve. Eat. Enjoy.
How’s that for simple?
Time in the Kitchen: 10 minutes hand-on, plus 30 minutes to cook
- 4 to 6 chicken chicken thighs (either boneless, skinless or bone-in)
- 4 cups/ 12 ounces cauliflower rice (or 1 head of cauliflower, riced)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or pressed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (80 ml)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (3.7 ml)
- 3 large handfuls baby spinach (about 3 ounces)
- ½ to 1 cup crumbled feta (45 to 90 g)
- ½ cup Kalamata olives (90 g)
- Fresh basil and oregano (or parsley), for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 ºF/218 ºC.
Spread cauliflower rice out on a large rimmed sheet pan (18-inch x 13-inch). Pour olive oil and garlic on top, tossing well with your hands to coat the cauliflower. Place chicken thighs on the sheet pan. Drizzle a little more oil over chicken thighs. Sprinkle salt evenly over cauliflower and chicken.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and cauliflower rice is tender and lightly browned in places.
Remove the chicken thighs from the sheet pan. Let rest on cutting board.
Add baby spinach, feta and kalamata olives to the sheet pan. Toss with the cauliflower rice, coating the spinach in olive oil. Cook 5 to 8 minutes more, until spinach is slightly wilted and feta is warm.
Scatter a generous amount of torn basil leaves, oregano and/or parsley across the sheet pan. Add chicken back to the sheet pan (leaves thighs whole, or slice them). Serve the meal on the sheet pan. Enjoy!